Re: fw as filter broken?

Troy Caldwell wrote:
I'm using the patch for dummy as an imq replacement that Jamal posted a
little while back. I've tried to do the same thing on an egress qdisc to try to limit outbound
speed and still had no luck. My u32 filters work fine, but are not enough
for our setup here.

Here's what I've got...

export TC="/usr/sbin/tc"

$TC qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress
$TC filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 1 u32 match u32 0 0
flowid 1:1 action mirred egress redirect dev dummy0

Ingress dummy is before conntrack so connmark won't work. There is going to be a way to do it but the match isn't written yet. I am suprised it doesn't work on egress. You could use IMQ as that hooks after PREROUTING mangle.

Andy.