Re: UDP port 1194 marking/routing problem

Hi Remus,

It seems that

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -p udp --dport 1194 -j MARK \
    --set-mark 0x990

will not take effect. (didn't you typo -A as -D?)

POSTROUTING is looked up after routing decision is made. Because the
default route is dev eth1, the output device is eth1, -o eth0 will not
match.

You should use

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p udp --destination <your openvpn \
    peer> --dport 1194 -j MARK ....

But I don't think you need to use MARK to do policy routing. It's a
little overkill.

Why not simply route all traffic to your openvpn peer via device eth0?

--
  lark