Re: Round Robin

Witaj M.,

W Twoim liście datowanym 12 marca 2005 (17:14:00) można przeczytać:

The scenario you're describing looks similar to bonding devices (via
bonding module) which is used for HA or load balancing situations.
Usually to connect to the managed switch for better (more bandwidth)
performance.

The other end must do the same.

>From working setup:
modprobe bonding mode=balance-rr
ip link set dev eth0 down
ip link set dev eth1 down
ip link set dev bond0 up
ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1

and you have to make bond0 an outgoing interface instead of eth0 eth1

And you will have approx. twice the bandwidth of a single device.

> Hi,

> I dont really know if this is the right place to post this question..If its
> not pl let me know...

> Here is what i am looking for. I have two machines with two ethernet cards.One
> of these machine has an ftp server(vsftpd). When i request a file from the
> first machine i want that machine be able to start an ftp, and when each of
> the packet of the file go to one of the ethernet cards, i want it to go in a
> RoundRobin fashion. i.e the first packet for example from eth0 and the second
> packet from eth1, and third packet from eth0 again and forth from eth1 and so
> on...

> what should i do to achieve this kind of scheduling in linux. Any help will be
> highly appreciated.

> Thanks

> Muhammad A. Imam

Pozdrowienia,