Re: ESFQ?

To the best of my knowledge, ESFQ for Linux is
essentially dead. There's a patchset - QNet - which
does port ESFQ to the 2.6.8/2.6.9 kernels, but ESFQ is
not split out, so it looks like an all-or-nothing
deal.

http://kem.p.lodz.pl/~peter/qnet/

I don't know if QNet is still being maintained - the
last update on the page refers to October 2004 - and
there's nothing to indicate how well the forward ports
actually work in practice.

A search using Google shows only older ESFQ versions
(one for 2.6.0-test11, for example) but nothing newer.

There was one posting about ESFQ to the kernel
developers mailing list, but I couldn't see any
follow-ups to it. Nor does it appear to be in Andrew
Morton's patchset (an excellent indicator of interest
level and the probability of ending up in the official
kernel).

Unfortunately, this seems to be fairly common in Linux
QoS - too many one-man projects and too few resources
too keep them going.