Re: HTB + GRED (santa clauss plz help me out)

Dear Andy,

> > I 've been trynig for a long time now to make HTB and GRED to work
> > together. The problem beeing that GRED doesn't use handles (instead it
> > uses DP:1 DP:2 etc) i can not preperly filter traffic to them.
> >
> > Tomas Graf suggested to use the tc_index index of u32 classifier
> >
> > so dear Sant .. i am currently with the following scripts that works!
>

> Have you seen this
>
> http://www.opalsoft.net/qos/DS-27.htm
>
> Though if it works you don't need it :-)

I am aware of it and have spend a few hours trying to make it work...
without any success.

> > But when i try to add an HTB before the GRED, everything goes to hell.
>
> You may need to repeat filters to get HTB to go from root to GRED (well
> you do with PRIO) eg. from a usenet post.

That IS EXCACTLY MY PROBLEM. In the case of ordinary qdiscs i repeat my
filters to the new handles (3:1 3:2 etc).

In the case of GRED there are no handles to play with and i am unuable to
filter traffic into GRED...

Antonios