Re: Weighted packet shaping?

Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:

I also know the graph is correct as the estimated rates from TC are the same as
shown on the graph.

So this is becoming an unknown problem?

There must be something :-)

One thing I thought of, if you are getting any congestion/packet loss on the ftp upload, then you would expect results more like you see.

I would take a closer look at what is happening to the upload connection.

You could get an idea of whether you are dropping by doing some netstat -s | grep retrans on the box running the upload.

You could also do a tcpdump to look at what window the server is letting you use / see drops.

Looking at backlogs with tc -s class ... should show the FTP class as backloged all the time - if it's empty(not there) sometimes then that's another sign that something else is limiting it.

Andy.

Thanks. Mark Williams.