Re: Weighted packet shaping?

Im after shaping that has "weights" for classes so that a lower priority class
will slow down when a higher class wants to flow more data.
As far as i can see, HTB wont do this...

I'm not quite sure what you mean? HTB itself dequeues at a rate limited pace. However, by combining several HTB classes, each with a different priority and using the tc/mark to filter certain traffic into each bucket you will achieve what you want I think?

I'm sure wondershaper and all the other example scripts have this kind of thing setup as well?

However, the problem I think with the "weighting" is that it's not really designed to be used like this. The idea is that each class limits traffic to it's stated bandwidth and only the excess is shared based on priority...

I didn't know there was a WRR module though?  Where did you find it?

Perhaps you could describe the real problem a little more and someone might have a better way for you to do this

Ed W