Re: SEPARATING VOIP AND SURFING

Ricardo Soria wrote:

Very thanks for your suggestion, but...  Consider that
the traffic that comes from the cisco 1600 is not
originated into itself;  this router is just passing
traffic that comes from Internet (infinite source MAC
addresses possible)

I don't think so - ethernet is link layer

, so, I really couldn't shape
traffic by its source MAC address.

So if you use iptraf lan monitor you can not see the MAC of the ciscos sending and receiving?

The same for the
cisco 827, except that possible destination MAC
addresses are not so much.  Traffic that my linux box
sends to cisco 827 is not finally for itself, but for
any computer in the remote subnet.

Even if the MAC bit doesn't work, I think if you can manage to route the traffic properly, then you should be able to mark/filter it for shaping.

Andy.