Re: Same GW for load balancing

* Guillermo <1101002511.7386.11.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2004-11-20 22:01
> Thnx Snitt (a lot)
>
> I would like to avoid that (buying external additional hw). Also we
> would like to preserve the public IPs on the Linux box. I know it would
> be very tricky to make it work the way i want it but that would be the
> nicest thing to do... why? because all real IPs would be on the Linux
> box (not behind a NAT box, behind NAT would be simple to achieve).
>
> Developers please...
>
> This is my problem:
>
> lan -- eth0  linux eth1 (ip1) --- dsl1 (gw ip3)
> 		   eth2 (ip2) --- dsl2 (gw ip3)

Create two routing tables as suggested in the LARTC howto to ensure
flows staying on the same link properly. Create a default route with
two nexthops one for each device, it doesn't matter if the nexthop
ip is the same, the route is identified by tos,dev, and ip.

See nano.txt or one of dozen examples.