Re: Qdisc statistics project

> The development of these scripts is stopped.  I'm rebuilding my house, making
> a website, I'm a father for 6 months now, ...... but if an interesting
> project is started, I want to help.

In order to not run into duplicated projects:

libnl
  General purpose netlink library for all netlink users with different
  API levels from raw netlink messaging to abstract processing of
  already existing netlink users. It supports a generic caching
  interface with filtering on all levels. All modules may be compiled
  in or loaded at runtime.

  Status
    netlink messaging     needs some work to handle special cases
    link                  finished and tested
    neighbour             finished and tested
    qdisc/class           nearly finished
      cbq                 nearly finished
      fifo                finished and tested
      prio                finished and tested
      sfq                 finished and tested
    filters               nearly finished
      u32                 finished and tested
    address               TLV parsers done
    route                 TLV parsers done

 The reason for not working on LQL are licensing issues not acceptable
 to me. I will release this library in 2-3 weeks and accept patches
 from that point.

bmon
  bmon is a portable bandwidth monitor running on various operating
  systems. It supports various input methods, one of those being the
  above libnl resulting in support for tc statistics. Variout output
  modes exist including an interactive curses interface:
    http://people.suug.ch/~tgr/bmon_ingress.jpg
  but also lightweight HTML output:
    http://people.suug.ch/~tgr/stats/axs.4.s.html

  Statistics may be distributed over a network using multicast
  or unicast and collected at some point to generate a summary
  of statistics for a set of nodes.

  I'm about to release 1.0-pre1 once I fixed the multicast issues
  on SunOS.

netconfig
  Cisco IOS like iproute2 replacement fully based on netlink
  supporting full tab completion and command description for those
  familiar with IOS. It is far from being releaseable as libnl
  needs to be finished first. Ideas exist to use it as interface
  for the new ietf netconf protocol.

generic netlink network statistics
  A few of may have noticed the first small set of patches going
  into 269rc3 introducing generic network statistics which will
  make the process of adding new statistics to qdiscs/class/filters
  very easy and removes the issue of backward compatibility.

netlink errors
  Effort has gone into improving error codes/messages returned
  from netlink users in the kernel. The idea is currently on hold
  as all acceptable solutions would break APIs. Planned for 2.7
  as of now.