Re: Qdisc statistics project

On Thursday 14 October 2004 10:39, Antonios Chalkiopoulos wrote:
> > >As a necessety for my job is to real-time monitor the bytes, packets,
> > > packet dropped etc of all the qdiscs working inside the kernel i've
> > > tried varius methods:
> > >
> > >1. Parse tc -s command output and update a round robin database and use
> > >rrdtool to graphically display tc statistics.
> >
> > I have developed myself a similar setup, but i used a perl script with
> > snmp pass_persist to retrieve the data via snmp feed it to MRTG and then
> > display it with a CGI script, since i changed jobs recently i made some
> > changes to the setup and was thinking in creating a sourceforge project.
>
> I guess you use the qos snmp extentions to achieve the above. The only
> drawback to your design is the cpu usage of cgi.
>
> > But i don't think it is ready for that yet, i mean, it is working
> > beautifully for me (and in my previous employer) but there are some
> > rough edges to address first.
> > I can forward you the software that i use with some documentation.
>
> Please do so.
I did the same, see www.docum.org.  Most of the scripts are a mess :) but they
work for me.
My scripts can:
- parse tc output and recreate the tc setup (parent - child relation ship)
- use snmp extension to get stats remotly
- use rrd to store the stats
- a cgi script to generate graphs on the fly
- create/edit htb + filters setup and generate commands graphical (cgi-bin
script, 1 big hack)
- realtime graphs ina browser: written in java, but data is fetched from a
webserver so it's not that handy
- much more that I forgot

The development of these scripts is stopped.  I'm rebuilding my house, making
a website, I'm a father for 6 months now, ...... but if an interesting
project is started, I want to help.

Stef

--
stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx