Qdisc statistics project

As a necessety for my job is to real-time monitor the bytes, packets, packet
dropped etc of all the qdiscs working inside the kernel i've tried varius
methods:

1. Parse tc -s command output and update a round robin database and use
rrdtool to graphically display tc statistics.

[varius perl scripts exist for the above job]

2. Unsuccesfully tried QoS SNMP extensions, in order to use a new MIB to
extract qdisc stats from.

There is also some work in the kernel level that will help reveal qdisc stats
to userspace (thanks Thomas Graf)

To get to the point.. the perl parsing method is hackish and quick&dirty.
A proper open-source tc monitoring tool SHOULD exist ! Maybe inside iproute2
maybe in sourceforge.

Are there any volunteers to start working on such a project? I could put 4-6
weeks full time work on that... any suggestion for the most proper solution
to the above problem is welcome.

Thanks,
Antonio