Re: Scalability

My intension is of course to match p2p first, then others. I realised
i must be more carefully  with marks, since it does not get marked
from first packets. I belive some sort of masks applyed to marks are
necesary, the p2p should begin all with, let's say 0x2 then 3 hex
"digits" so i can distinguish non p2p for other purpose later. Is it
possible better ? (i bet it does).

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:00:39 +0200, Andreas Klauer
<andreas.klauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Thursday 30 September 2004 14:42 schrieb George Alexandru Dragoi:
> > Such traffic will be matched agains src ip or dest ip, or port number
>
> If you can use these kinds of optimizations, then that's fine.
> In my case, P2P applications can run on any port and any IP,
> so it's not possible for me. If I added a filter rule like that,
> chances are good that clients would find out and use these ports
> for their P2P applications.
>
> Andreas

Bla bla