Re: Please advise how to set up for 5 IPs

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 15:36, gypsy wrote:
<snip>
> How can I implement ingress shaping / policing to limit the combined
> incoming rate, regardless of IP, to about 700K (the connection is
> actually 730K in and 690K out).  Only because it REALLY annoys me to
> drop an already received packet, I would prefer to shape than to drop,
> but I am presently policing.

I can't see how you could shape other than to drop.  You have already received
the packet.  If it's over the rate for that particular flow, and the traffic
is TCP, you can only hope enough drops will result in the connection being
throttled by the remote end's TCP stack.