RE: Guaranteed rate per class and maximum ceiling per element in class???

Hi Stef,

Stef Coene schreef:
> Do you want to shape outgoing traffic or incoming traffic?
> Ingress is for incoming traffic, htb is outgoing traffic.
> You can use htb for incoming traffic if you use the imq
> device or if you can shape on a router, you can shape on both interfaces.
I want to shape both. This is what I have done (and it works as far as we can see):

1. Use HTB / egress to shape rate and use the ceil of the HTB to regulate the scaling of the classes.
2. Use ingress to regulate the absolute maximum ceil of the individual elements

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14