Re: Guaranteed rate per class and maximum ceiling per element in class???

On Sunday 19 September 2004 16:57, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> Hi Stef,
>
> lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schreef:
> > The first 2 can be done with htb.  For the third yes, you can
> > use the wrr qdisc (I never tested this myself and I don't know if tcng
> > can configure this).  The wrr qdisc can be added to a htb class.  Or you
> > can add extra classes to the htb class.
>
> I want to look into policing for enforcing the ceiling per element, but to
> my disappointment I cannot get it working. whatever I use for values,
> nothing changes in the measured trhoughput I I don't know why.
You don't need policing for the forcing a ceil, htb can this too.

> If I use the stuff below I expect that the throughput for host
> asterix.askesis.nl will be 10Bps. Which is not the case. But whatever
> values I use nothing changes in the throughtput. It appears that tat the
> ingress rules is ignored. Any ideas?
Do you know how slow 10Bps is ?????   Use some real values like 10KBps or so.

>   ingress
>   {
>         /*
>         TCNG manual p. 39
>         SLB(cbs,cir [,mpu])
>             cbs: commited burst size in bytes (size of bucket)
>             cir: commited information rate in bps (rate of entering bucket)
>             mpu: minimum policed unit in bytes (size of bucket in/decrement
> ?) */
>         $network = SLB( cbs 10B, cir 10 Bps);
>
>         /*
>         SLB_ok, if true pass the packet
>         SLB_else_drop, if true drop the packet
>         */
>         class(<>) if ip_src == host "asterix.askesis.nl" &&
> SLB_else_drop($network); }
Do you want to shape outgoing traffic or incoming traffic?  Ingress is for
incoming traffic, htb is outgoing traffic.
You can use htb for incoming traffic if you use the imq device or if you can
shape on a router, you can shape on both interfaces.

Stef

--
stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"