RE: Guaranteed rate per class and maximum ceiling per element in class???

Hi Stef,

lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schreef:
> The first 2 can be done with htb.  For the third yes, you can
> use the wrr qdisc (I never tested this myself and I don't know if tcng
> can configure this).  The wrr qdisc can be added to a htb class.  Or you
> can add extra classes to the htb class.
I want to look into policing for enforcing the ceiling per element, but to my disappointment I cannot get it working. whatever I use for values, nothing changes in the measured trhoughput I I don't know why.

If I use the stuff below I expect that the throughput for host asterix.askesis.nl will be 10Bps. Which is not the case. But whatever values I use nothing changes in the throughtput. It appears that tat the ingress rules is ignored. Any ideas?

  ingress
  {
        /*
        TCNG manual p. 39
        SLB(cbs,cir [,mpu])
            cbs: commited burst size in bytes (size of bucket)
            cir: commited information rate in bps (rate of entering bucket)
            mpu: minimum policed unit in bytes (size of bucket in/decrement ?)
        */
        $network = SLB( cbs 10B, cir 10 Bps);

        /*
        SLB_ok, if true pass the packet
        SLB_else_drop, if true drop the packet
        */
        class(<>) if ip_src == host "asterix.askesis.nl" && SLB_else_drop($network);
  }

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.