failover not working

I am pretty sure that everything is set up correctly by the nano howto, but failover does not work.

I am pinging from both the router, and a machine behind it.

When I unplug the interface the pings is going through, both pings stop freeze.  Eventually I get a full buffer complaint from the router, but the pings never fail to the secondary.

When I down the interface the pings are going through, the ping from the router is moves to the second interface, ip route get {ping_destination} shows the second interface being used, but the ping from the box behind the router simply receives the "packet filtered" message.

Where do I start troubleshooting if all of the iptable and ip print outs look as I think they should according to the manuals...

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Hutton
DataScan Technologies