Re: University Project: QoS with Ai

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:18:03 +0200
Damjan <gdamjan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > For example there could be p2p users, HTTP users, etc.. and if the queue
> > itself could create classes for those users, maybe increase productivity.
> >

> > What do you think? Am I talking bullocks or it makes some sense? All critics
> > welcome :)
>
> Very good idea,
> I don't know how hard it would be to implement it, though.

This idea was once my Master Science work proposal. I was crucified by the Phd's saying that AI does not goes well with packet classifying at high speeds (something to do with 'too big decision tree'). You can read 'high speeds' like 100+ Mbits networks.

My 2 cents.

All the best

--

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML