University Project: QoS with Ai

Hi there guys, i am on my last year of career, and as my final Project i am
interested in doing something about QoS.

The thing is, I have a couple of QoS solutions working, and since the
beginning I though it was great but it lacked some kind of dynamicity.

Let me explain myself.. I was thinking in creating a classful queue that
based on some parameters (kind of users, bw, packets, etc...) could "learn"
in some way the kind of traffic passing through the box, and change the
parameters of the classes, classifying also not only the packets, but the
users.

For example there could be p2p users, HTTP users, etc.. and if the queue
itself could create classes for those users, maybe increase productivity.

What do you think? Am I talking bullocks or it makes some sense? All critics
welcome :)