iproute2 in a MIPS processor

Hi, i'm trying to do loadbalancing with a linux embedded with a MIPS procesor,
but I'm in trouble. I have the kernel 2.4.20, and iproute2 ss010824. I compiled
without errors, but when I executed the ip comand to install de mutipath default
route I get the following error (all the previous commands have been executed
according to the LARTC-HOWTO in section 4.2):

linux# ip route add default scope global \
       nexthop via 200.200.200.1 dev eth1 weight 1 \
       nexthop via 100.100.100.1 dev eth2 weight 1
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

I don't understand the reason for this error. I've compiled the kernel with all
the Advanced Router stuff. I have the uclibc library 0.9.19 instead of glibc to
reduce the size of binaries, Could this be the reason?
Anybody has port the advanced router stuff and iproute2 to a mips hardware?
I will apreciate all your comments.

 Marcos