Re: layer 7 netfilter not working

I wouldn't bet the layer7 match works in table filter. You could try

$IPTABLES -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7dir /etc/l7-protocols
--l7proto ftp -j LOG --log-prefix 'marked: '

and watch your logs. Um, and /etc/l7-protocols does contain your pattern
definitions, right?

Yes there are my definition. And your idea with the logging was great, I did it and guess what, the packets showed up in /var/log/syslog, so I guess the layer7 classifier is working, but now I wonder why it still doesn't shape (and remember DROP didn't work either, but there I am not sure if it wasn't a configure mistake by me).

I changed the line back to:

$IPTABLES -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m layer7 --l7dir /etc/l7-protocols --l7proto ftp -j MARK --set-mark 322

But the shaping still doesn't work. I didn't want to terrorize you all by posting my whole shapingskript here, so I uploaded it here:

http://www.flintz.de/shaping.txt

Would be really nice if someone could search the script for any mistakes!

-FB