Re: RE: http bandwidth control

Thanx for the wishes :D

Yes i'm used to compile kernels (but don't patching)...

I did not try yet to use the new script since in fact i don't believe i
have IMQ neither ESFQ and my box is doing it's work ok with more than
400 users... don't wan to mess with it. It's congested but it's working.

The good news is that my box is acting as a routing and i could use my
lan (eth0) conn to control the incoming traffic from the internet (eth1)
without the help of IMQ.

So my requirments would be to slow down outgoing http, ftp and smtp.
Also would need to prioritize VPN clients. Affortunately all my VPN
clients have fixed IP addresses so i can mark the packets after the PPTP
de-encapsulation (going out through eth0).

Now it looks easier than before... (until i do the update).

My idea is to use HTBF with some leafs:
	1.- http && ftp  (bulky non priority traffic)
	2.- smtp (bulky but high prio)
	3.- vpn/pptp (bulky and high prio)

I would like to keep the response time low for ssh because of the admin
tasks are majorly achieved through it.

Is it best to use tc filters or iptables packet marking ?
For me it's easier iptables...

Any further suggestion ?

Guillermo

--