wonder shaper and 'unmetered ip addresses/ranges'

Title: Message
Hey,

I was fiddling with wonder shaper and it works great, except in my situation I only have 1 real network interface and the other interface is a virtual interface ie eth0:0, and tc doesn't seem to support that. I have 2 subnets, one of which goes to the router which then goes to the internet, and the other subnet which contains the rest of the computers which go through this server and then onto the internet giving me the oppertunity to shape traffic and have a transparent proxy etc.  I know its not secure, ie they can avoid the proxy all together, but in my office no-one has a clue how it all works, so I'm fine.

So my question is, am I able to have certain ip destinations that are exempt from traffic situation, because on this server I run samba shares too, and shaping samba down to 25 k/s makes it very painful.  I've noticed a lot of ISP's in Australia have certain ip addresses are exempt from shaping and download limits, so I know it is possible.  But tc doesn't make a whole heap of sense to me, but it looks like it *should* be able to do what I want to do.
I want to make 192.168.40.0/255.255.255.0 exempt from shaping.  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

-Joel

Joel Pearson
Email: pearj@xxxxxxxxxxx