HTB vs CBQ - is meaning of prio param the same?

Hi,

I am looking working (!) qdisc that would guarantee preferential treatment
to priority (ex voice traffic). It is supposed to work as LLQ (Cisco) which
means it is PQ but with bandwidth limited for EF PHB traffic.

I did lots of tests with CBQ and prio set to 1 for EF PHB and prio 2 for
best effort. Although delay does not look like being guaranteed at all for
priority traffic.

Eventually I would like to compare HTB with prio's to CBQ with prio's set.

But HTB site says prio is only used for competing for unused (underlimited)
class bandwidths. So please clarify wheather prio parameter has realy
different meaning for CBQ and HTB?

I dont know if what i expect from HTB CBQ (with respect to acting like PRIO
scheduler) comparison makes any sense.

regards

adam f