Re: Slashdot on WRT54G

I do have one of the WRT54Gs and did contribute some scripts to James,
the head developer of the sveasoft firmware. I do not have the most
recent firmware since I had a few issues "subscribing" to the
development process but I still am thinking about getting more involved.

The web admin interface on the version of the firmware that I'm using
offers very little in the way of customizing the tc rules.

It sounds excellent. The web interface is not interesting at all, ssh is the only way I intend to access it anyway.

Having l7 compiled in, but at least traffic control, sounds absolutely excellent. If you can get it to run a vpn, then this is just superb

I assume you have a US model? Can you tell me what sort of power supply it has? I am thinking about getting one imported to the UK since they don't sell them here (and will probably be overpriced when they arrive). Will a universal power adaptor work? Also, any other issues with a uk ADSL line that might prevent this working...?

Thanks

Ed W