From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Ed Wildgoose
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 11:14 AM
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Slashdot on WRT54G

>I do have one of the WRT54Gs and did contribute some scripts to James,
>the head developer of the sveasoft firmware. I do not have the most
>recent firmware since I had a few issues "subscribing" to the
>development process but I still am thinking about getting more
involved.

>The web admin interface on the version of the firmware that I'm using
>offers very little in the way of customizing the tc rules.

It sounds excellent.  The web interface is not interesting at all, ssh
is the only way I intend to access it anyway.

Having l7 compiled in, but at least traffic control, sounds absolutely
excellent.  If you can get it to run a vpn, then this is just superb

I assume you have a US model?  Can you tell me what sort of power supply
it has?  I am thinking about getting one imported to the UK since they
don't sell them here (and will probably be overpriced when they arrive).
Will a universal power adaptor work?  Also, any other issues with a uk
ADSL line that might prevent this working...?

Thanks

Ed W