Re: Can anyone fix this?

On Sunday 23 May 2004 22:08, Dmitry Golubev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Is it possible to attach filter rules to HTB classes?
> > All my filters belong to some qdisc, so I don't know.
>
> Quote from LATRC: Also, with HTB, you should attach all filters to the
> root!

Sorry, my bad, I'm still coming to terms with all the terminology, so probably
describe that badly.
But going back to my tree:

> > > root (100kbps)
> > > 	flatmate1(22kbps)
> > > 		hi prio
> > > 		default
> > > 		lo prio
> > > 	flatmate2-4 (22 kbps each)
> > > 	default (12kbps)

Can I set it up (wherever I attach filters) so that unclasified packets will
default to flatemate1, and then packets that aren't classified within
flatmate fall into the default? (Each flatmate would have their own default)

> > My Fair NAT script [1] uses a very similar structure - however, I did
> > high/default/low prio stuff you desire not with HTB classes, but with
> > a PRIO qdisc attached to the flatmate HTB class. Maybe it's worth a look?

Yes, I'd like to see it if I could. Again, trying to get familiar witht things
so I'm not sure weather it would be better to try and nest a PRIO or a HTB in
the parent HTB.