Re: Can anyone fix this?

Am Wednesday 19 May 2004 14:26 schrieb Chris Jensen:
> Whoops, I was aware of this. I must've sent an old version of the script
> to the list, cause I had fixed that, and that's not the issue anymore.

If you make an up-to-date version available somewhere,
I'll have a look at it. Don't want to waste my time with
some kind of old version. :-)

> root (100kbps)
> 	flatmate1(22kbps)
> 		hi prio
> 		default
> 		lo prio
> 	flatmate2-4 (22 kbps each)
> 	default (12kbps)

My Fair NAT script [1] uses a very similar structure - however, I did
high/default/low prio stuff you desire not with HTB classes, but with
a PRIO qdisc attached to the flatmate HTB class. Maybe it's worth a look?

> One of the troubles I'm having is setting up defaults. ie. Once a packet
> is filtered into one of the flatmates, how can I send it to the default
> bucket if it doesn't fall into the other two categories.

Is it possible to attach filter rules to HTB classes?
All my filters belong to some qdisc, so I don't know.

HTH
Andreas

[1] Fair NAT: http://www.metamorpher.de/fairnat/