De: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] En
nombre de Roy
Enviado el: viernes, 14 de mayo de 2004 18:20
Para: GoMi; lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re:  RV: LATENCY PROBLEMS

You did not say, what kind of interactive traffic you have,
and is your dsl capable to hold it
800 connections should not be a problem for such cpu,
if you are sure you did not satureted your dsl, in both directions,
and how about http trafiic?

then here is another possibility,  even if tcp can be shaped on forward,
there is still one problem,
if your link as almost full, new tcp connections are not controlable at
start.
all you can do for now is to limit your max rate to 80% of link speed.
this problem usualy happens when someone is using bittorent. that software
creates 20 or more connections for  each file
each tcp connection initiation takes about 3kb of data which cant be shaped.

At first try to limit your link speed to 50% of capacity , then check if it
helps to reduce latency.

I am working on imq driver with tcp prediction, which should fix some
problems.