Re: newbie: TC[NG] with (256kbit/s down and 768kbit/s up) on a router

Am Wednesday 28 April 2004 10:42 schrieb Christian Parpart:
> Could someone show me some simple example code for incress+egress
> shaping for ppp0 (for a router with clients at eth0)?

Maybe my script will do: http://www.metamorpher.de/ipshape/

I don't know about 'simple', but I got a script designed for
routers in general which have to provide masquerading, port
forwarding and traffic shaping for several clients in the LAN.
Even if it looks a bit complicated here and there, I think I got
it well documented, though. It looks pretty similar to what you
were trying to do.

I created this with the help of LARTC (Howto, Stef's docum.org, and
of course this list) and it has grown a lot lately :-) You can
specify the IPs of your clients, and bandwidth will be shared
in a fair manner among them.

I use HTB, PRIO and SFQ to do that. It works well for me, but I'm
sure that there is still LOADS of stuff that can be improved.
I'm always open for suggestions :-)

Andreas