QoS in wireless networks

Hello,

I'm trying to configure several wireless routers with QoS support. The idea is to implement differentiated services so that VoIP traffic gets the maximal priority, then video, control traffic, interactive data traffic and best-effort traffic.

I have seen that CBQ used to be chosen as qdisc for implementing bandwith share in DiffServ but now HTB is preferred because it is simpler and more understandable. However, I see a problem with HTB in wireless networks: sometimes the available bandwith fluctuates due to interferences, retransmissions, etc, and then I don't know if HTB fits well for that. ¿What is the real effect of sharing 5Mbps among traffic classes with HTB if the real bandwith dropped to 1Mbps? ¿Is CBQ better for these cases where the bandwith to share is not stable?

Thanks in advance

Javier