Re: Managed switch? | PRIO chain

Am Saturday 01 May 2004 15:14 schrieb Jago Pearce:
> Still no howto on the PRIO chain?

PRIO is documented in the LARTC Howto.
Compared to monsters like CBQ, there's not really much
you can say about it.

> Has anyone used this chain and was it good enough for your basic "I've
> got DSL at home and I want to give port 80 pririty over p2p" style basic
> tasks?

I use PRIO in combination with HTB and SFQ. Yes, it does help a lot.
I don't know if it alone is sufficient for P2P stuff, though. I think
it helps a lot for me because I do a lot of the TOS modification stuff
that's listed on www.docum.org (great page, btw. ;)

About P2P, I always wanted to have a closer look on IPP2P, which is a
kernel/iptables patch designed to provide a reliable way to detect P2P
traffic. However, whenever I tried, I couldn't get it to work. And it
seems that the current version is incompatible with kernel 2.4.25
and above. Maybe it's time to upgrade my debian router to 2.6 kernel?

Andreas