Re: noprioportsrc

Richard wrote:
On Monday 29 March 2004 11:15 pm, Damion de Soto wrote:

I've fonud trying to make
bittorrent behave itself is quite difficult.
The 3 classes have rates specified as UPLINK, 9*$UPLINK/10 and 8*$UPLINK/10
This means the sum of the 3 classes is greater than the parent.
You may want to specify the rates as something lower that add up to UPLINK,
and then specify the ceil value for each class.

I tried what you had suggested and I was able to get great pings while uploading using the script!

Now this is the really things get strange. Without doing anything to my connection or with wondershaper, about after 1 hour of running the script (and having my bandwith limited to 50kb/s) something changes and I start uploading at my max again.

Why is this happening?

I don't think marking those BT ports will catch all BT connections - BT will work without opening ports. I think you can mark with one of the P2P marking projects on sf.net.

Andy.