Documentation query

Hi,

The documentation in CVS seems to be getting a little
stale. Is this because of a lack of contributors
(unlikely, given the very healthy mailing list) or
lack of time by maintainers?

If the former, then I'll work on writing something up,
because I'd like to see the knowledge out there
preserved.

If the latter, is there anything list members like
myself can do?