Re: Few question on HTB

On Saturday 03 April 2004 15:34, Sandeep Agarwal wrote:
> Hello Sir,
> I have linux box with 4 NIC. 256kbps is reaching upto eth0 after router.
> Now want to split the this bandwidh within remaining NIC's. I have gone
> through the lartc.org & prepared the earlier mentioned HTB script files.
> The name of files are
These files are useless for us.  You use htb.init to configure the router
setup and this mailinglist is for general qos discussions, not for htb.init
implementation details.

> I have already mailed the scripts to you on your ID. If you suggest, I can
> mail them again to you off the list. This is what I understand from the
> instruction of htb.init. Is these are correct for the mentioned purpose? Or
> should I have to prepare some more / other types of files.
You really should read some more documentation about this.
- you can only shape outgoing traffic
- what means prio - rate - burst - ceil
- natting + filtering on ip address can be a problem

Stef

--
stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"