Re: Does IPV6 support HTB?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:01:49AM -0800, Corey Hickey wrote:
> I haven't personally verified this, but I'm pretty sure that even if the
> tc filters don't natively support ipv6 matches, you can still use
> iptables/ip6tables to mark packets as you choose, and then filter for
> that mark. Something like:

This does work, but there are a few complications...

> # It's often easier to make new chains for this
> # because there's an implicit RETURN after a MARK
> # so we can't just let packets fall off the end of the chain
> # or else they may end up matching later rules.
> ip6tables -t mangle -N fast
> ip6tables -t mangle -A fast -j MARK --set-mark 0x01
> ip6tables -t mangle -A fast -j ACCEPT
>
> # just an example
> ip6tables -t mangle -A FORWARD -p tcp -s 10.0.0.2 -j fast
>
> # You can set up your htb (or whatever) framework
> # and add this filter for it to reference.
> tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 handle 0x01 fw \
>   flowid 1:10

That should of course read "protocol ipv6", and then it works.

Well, almost. There seem to be rather a lot of issues if trying
to mix "protocol ip" and "protocol ipv6" in filters. I've seen a
lot of: "RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory" errors
while trying that. Sometimes it appears to work, other times it
doesn't, and I've yet to work out why.

Which, I must say, is rather irritating. If anybody can shed any
light on this I'd like to hear it :)

--
Alan Ford * alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx