Re: Does IPV6 support HTB?

ìíë wrote:
>  I have been studying traffic control in linux these days.
>
>  I became to know there are several qeueuing displines such as tbf, cbq,
>
>  htp, etc. But, there isn't the comment whether they support IPv6 traffic.
>
>  I got this question because there is no comment about how to connect qdisc
>
>  classes with IPv6 flow using "tc filter" command, and I think the "tc
>
>  filter" command examples shown in several documents are for only IPv4.

I haven't personally verified this, but I'm pretty sure that even if the
tc filters don't natively support ipv6 matches, you can still use
iptables/ip6tables to mark packets as you choose, and then filter for
that mark. Something like:

# It's often easier to make new chains for this
# because there's an implicit RETURN after a MARK
# so we can't just let packets fall off the end of the chain
# or else they may end up matching later rules.
ip6tables -t mangle -N fast
ip6tables -t mangle -A fast -j MARK --set-mark 0x01
ip6tables -t mangle -A fast -j ACCEPT

# just an example
ip6tables -t mangle -A FORWARD -p tcp -s 10.0.0.2 -j fast

# You can set up your htb (or whatever) framework
# and add this filter for it to reference.
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 handle 0x01 fw \
  flowid 1:10

....and so forth.

-Corey