small netwok traffic shaping

Hi,

First of all I must say that I'm a newbie in the network adimistration domain.

I have the following situation: a network composed of ~10 computers which are connected to the internet through a gateway. The connection speed is 128kbps for the addresses outside my country, and 10mbps for the addresses in my country.

I would like to set-up a traffic shaper on the router machine with the following features:

- if all the users are browsing/downloading in the same time, the bandwidth must be equally shared
- if the users are using file sharing software, their bandwidth for such applications must be limited to maximum 10kbps if noone else is requesting bandwidth for normal http transfers, else the bandwidth must be 0 for such applications.
- i want also that some computers from the network to get priviledged access, with no restrictions

If possible i wold also like that:
- the users who are using network scanning software to have their bandwidth cut to 0 for a period

The router has 2 NIC's eth0 and eth1. eth0 is connected to the outside world and eth1 to the internal network.

Can you help me with examples? What solutions do you advise me to implement?

I know I can read the manuals (as most of my friends say), but it's very difficult for me to get it right form the first time.

Thanks,
Adrian