Re: NEW imq driver

[snip]

I noticed that with my trafic counter. internal trafic grew to enormous
levels 10X more than it can be. In reality there was almost no output at
all.
so DONT USE POLICERS ON EGRESS. on low trafic it is harmless but on
100mb/s it probably can kill computer (not tested).

Seems imq have similar problem  even if driver itself have no leaks kernel
consumes all resousces on resnending droped packets so that computer stops
responding

[snip]

Just curious, I suppose you had the same setup on the original IMQ? If not,
my point is moot.  But if so and if the problem could be verified, it would
appear to me that there is less of a problem with the old patch(except
for features), and more of a problem with the inherent nature of what
is being attempting.  Meaning that a set of assumptions made by the network
layer developers is being invalidated.  For example, local outbound traffic
being policed instead of shaped.

Philip Thiem -- Icequake.net Administrator Isn't it obvious lumberjacks love traffic lights? GPG Pub Key Archived at wwwkeys.us.pgp.net