Re: NEW imq driver

Roy wrote:
Seems I was to fast to declare success,
my version is not much more stable than the original one,everything depends
on dropped packets.
 This is even not imq fault afterall, can be prowed in other way also:

atempts to police outgoing trafic it will be ok until you dont touch localy
generated packets
if you try to drop them you will be sorry, because kernel will resend then
together with new ones
of cource policer will drop them too, but linux kernel keeps resending then
thus increasing rate progresively.

I noticed that with my trafic counter. internal trafic grew to enormous
levels 10X more than it can be. In reality there was almost no output at
all.
so DONT USE POLICERS ON EGRESS. on low trafic it is harmless but on 100mb/s
it probably can kill computer (not tested).

Seems imq have similar problem  even if driver itself have no leaks kernel
consumes all resousces on resnending droped packets so that computer stops
responding

for now I dont have good idea how to fix it so I will try to avoid localy generated trafic so it will me possible to shape ingress and forward, egress will be left for real device. maybe later I will find how fix that

Which queue do you use to drop the packets?

Andy.