Re the virus-mails on this list (was: Re: Server Report)

Hi.

hare ram wrote:
i have seen some one sending behalf me virus to list

This is quite common for today's mass mailing worms, such as the one we are "allowed" to see in action since yesterday. Those worms harvest any e-mail address from infected system and spoof the sender of the messages that get sent out. So it's not someone who want to discredit you or anyone else, it's the nature of these worms. It won't be very effective to block any IPs - the better way would be to upgrade your AV product's datafiles so that it is able to detect and remove the virus.

Further information about this virus/worm can be found (for example) at:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@xxxxxxx
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100983.htm
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/novarg.shtml
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MIMAIL.R