Re: IMQ Stability

Internet (eth0) <-> ppp0 ----- ppp1 <-> LAN (eth1) 10.0.0.0/8

this way dont seem excelent because it still lacks some functionality
and what about using LO or dummy  type interface instead of ppp?

the new imq driver that i am developing will have unlimited posibilities
it willbe fake interface wich passes all ip trafic without exception no
mater which direction, destination and so on
even localy generated and received trafic should pass it
I removed iptables module so noo need to configure it just everything is
catched.
so you will be able to shape in + out in one

also I am thinking about the chaining functionality
is there any need to make chain of imq devices ? ( they will get the all
same trafic)
you will be able to use few shapers then but it will add latency.

I almost finished my driver , but unfortunately there is no way to avoid
patching kernel.

I need to export ip_finish_output2 and ip_local_deliver_finish functions but
dont know how to do that, and where is the best place.