Re: IMQ Stability

Probably I am going to continue imq development, so I know about it
something.

IMQ is very unpredictable you can use it all week or it may crash at once.
and what is the most strange - crashes osccur everywhere in the kernel
except in the driver itself
this can be kernel bug as well.
under high loag it crashes quite soom while in low load it can hold forewer
this probably depends on cpu speed and looks that it tends to crash if you
try to shape localy generated trafic
if you use it for ingress only it wont have much problems.

I have no hope to make it work, I rewrote the code completely few times and
no use
probably this way just cant work.

I am going to use completely other way to do the same job.
imq is trying to use userspace queue which dont like when packets are droped
and seems there is no way to avoid droping
while doing trafic shaping, so I will use another way by completely removing
packets from iptables at some place and transmitting them directly where
needed.
thus replacing part of kernel code.
this way I will be able at least  to track the bug.

P.S. iptables have another similar module ( ROUTE target ) i tryed it and it
works in some cases ( i redirect trafic to lo interface) but not very good.