Re: IMQ problems :-(

On Sunday 04 January 2004  5:33 pm, Roy wrote:
> > I have read about people having lots of problems with IMQ. So I just
>
> wanted to
>
> > try it and see how stable it is on my box. I gather it could actually
> > be problems with the Kernel and not the IMQ code??
>
> That is possible but prpbably not because of bug in kernel I
> as I think it is because kernel handles local trafic diferently than
> forwarded
>
> so you cant use imq to shape trafic generated by server
> I am comtinuing development of imq abd I face this problem most of the
> time.

Do you mean because it crashes ?

I seem to be able to shape upstream from my gateway and forward OK using
IMQ - I know I don't really need it for up because I could mark, and the
nat patch only works down, but I've been testing the jdg script recently
and haven't managed a crash yet. I am only on a home network that gets
shutdown after 18 hours, though.