Re: IMQ problems :-(

Hi Roy,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

> Imq is very invasive componemt which requires to recompile almost everyhing
> this diver is very unstable and will crash for sure, sooner or later
> depending on load.

I have read about people having lots of problems with IMQ. So I just wanted to
try it and see how stable it is on my box. I gather it could actually
be problems with the Kernel and not the IMQ code??

> I sugest you to leave iptables alone and just modify imq.c source to catch
> what you need.
> ir you dont have too much trafic it may not crash for all day. ( if you will
> use it for download shaping)

I think that sounds even more messy :-)
I only wanted to ingress shape with IMQ to ensure that I don't drop UDP
or small TCP ACK packets for upload streams. I guess I will just give
up on the idea and using ingress policing... Its not so important anyway as my
DSL connection is very asymetric (2mbit D/L & 256kbit U/L) and upload
shaping is more important.

Even if IMQ is fixed in kernel 2.6 (is it??) I won't be able to use it until I
can update the driver for my conexant PCI ADSL modem (which works fine
just now under kernel 2.4.22)....

--
Best regards,
 Robert