Re: Multihomed Masquerading, routing and iptables

On Monday 05 Jan 2004 8:32 pm, andybr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I dont understando what the problem is, can you explain
> so i can help you out.

2 interfaces, eth2 and eth3. ip rules ip route are set up correctly.
Yet, for some reason, there are packets coming out of eth2 with the IP
address of eth3 and vice versa. This seems to be related mainly to
forwarded/NATed connections (which tend to break quite quickly). It is
almost as if the connection tracking code in the kernel is broken.

I am not pretty certain it is a kernel bug in the shipping RH9 kernel.
There was an update released today by RH, but I'm not holding much hope
it will behave any differently. But it doesn't matter, as I have a
fresh patched kernel that will hopefully work to try in a bit.

Thanks for the help.

Gordan