Ingress with WonderShaper

Hullo :)

I appear to be having a common problem, but the standard fix hasn't worked for
me :/

I'm using a 2.4.23 kernel, with QoS options thusly:

# QoS and/or fair queueing
#
CONFIG_NET_SCHED=y
# CONFIG_NET_SCH_CBQ is not set
CONFIG_NET_SCH_HTB=m
# CONFIG_NET_SCH_CSZ is not set
CONFIG_NET_SCH_PRIO=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_RED=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_SFQ=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_TEQL=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_TBF=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_GRED=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_DSMARK=m
CONFIG_NET_QOS=y
CONFIG_NET_ESTIMATOR=y
CONFIG_NET_CLS=y
CONFIG_NET_CLS_TCINDEX=m
CONFIG_NET_CLS_ROUTE4=m
CONFIG_NET_CLS_ROUTE=y
CONFIG_NET_CLS_FW=m
CONFIG_NET_CLS_U32=m
# CONFIG_NET_CLS_RSVP is not set
# CONFIG_NET_CLS_RSVP6 is not set
CONFIG_NET_CLS_POLICE=y

The whole wshaper.htb script executes fine until the final two commands, and
running the first one manually gives me:

$ tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

Now, the standard solution I've seen is "get a newer tc", and one report [1]
said that Debian's unstable one worked fine... so I backported it to woody,
but had exactly the same problem :/

I even saw the q_ingress.c and q_htb.c files being compiled OK during the
'debian/rules binary-arch' procedure so the code must be in the tc binary.

If I mis-type 'ingress', then the error changes to "RTNETLINK answers: No such
file or directory" so it must be seeing /something/ ...

Any ideas? :D

Cheers,
Gavin.

[1] http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2002-06/0035.html