Re: Multihomed Masquerading, routing and iptables

Hi all,

I dont understando what the problem is, can you explain
so i can help you out.

[]´s
Anderson

> On Monday 05 Jan 2004 02:55, Rio Martin wrote:
>
> > Bobic having the problem similar to what i got with o
ne of my server
> > running kernel-
2.4.20. All the interface i have are under the same brand
> > (Realtek), eth0 would be for clients, eth1 for DSLCab
le, eth2 for Wireless
> > 2.4Ghz. Weirdly, several of my clients set up correct
ly to use both eth1
> > and eth2, but there are many clients having the wrong
 route packets just as
> > Bobic.
> >
> > This problem can be solved if i change to use SNAT in
stead of MASQUERADE.
> > Try it Bobic.
>
> Hmm. Just replace -j MASQUERADE with -
j SNAT? Will that not break other
> things?
>
> > This Masquerade problem didnt appeared under my Linux
 2.4.21

> So, it is a 2.4.20 kernel problem? I was hoping to avoi
d home-brewing a kernel
> again like I did back with my old setup (RH 7.0, 2.2 ke
rnel), and stick with
> a standard release kernel.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gordan