Re: 2 lans + internet + squid

there is no need to use separate interface for dsl.
also you should not use cbq it is the worst of all.
use htb, wrr or hfsc htb is most easy to use for now

it is wery easy to put local trafic into separate class by server ip as you
are trying and I dont understand why it dont work for you
i think cbq and htb init scripts dontn have filter priorities so that will
be the problem for you because if you set such rules:
if dst = client ip then shape to 100 kbit
if src = server ip the shape to 70 Mbit
it wont work with that script,  you need to check second rule first ot it
will be ignored
I had the similar problem some configurations work and some not even if they
are identic or even stops working with no reason.

so you cant use this init script for such setup or you can manualy edit its
output and set filter priorities ( the same as setting class priorities but
for filters)

the squid shaping will not work, you cant easily detect where the pacet came
from. because packets dont pass squid. however there is some way do do this
read about that on faq on docum.org
anyway squid shaping dont work vell because it will buffer 50kb thus will
hog all trafic for that timeand latency will increase then it will leave the
link free until buffer is empty. so you will need to set buffer about 8-12kb
depending on your dsl speed